1) 50 Chin-ups. I started the program last week. 100 pushups took me 5 months, and I started from 40 consecutive. I honestly don't know if I'll make 50 chin-ups. I can do precisely 0 unassisted at the moment. I love a challenge!
2) 100 Pushups (clean). I can do 100 consecutive, but they're not pretty. The goal here is to slow them down, and keep my form.
3) 15% Body Fat. That's not super-lean for a guy, but I think it's just fine for an old codger. This will be the toughie for me, though. I haven't done a check lately, but I'm assuming my lean body mass is still in the 150-160 pound range. That puts me at a goal weight of 172-184. Yowza! 20 more pounds to lose, minimum.
4) Fun Run in 55. This is the 4.5 mile run up and down the Treman Park Gorge trail. I've never been a fast runner. My personal best for this was about 48 minutes, many years ago, with much younger knees.
5) Five certifications, all current. This is really about aerobics. I want to keep my Group Fitness and Spinning certifications current, and add Zumba, Kickboxing and Personal Training. I've got my Zumba and AFAA Kickbox Certification classes scheduled already.
So there it is. I'll try to post monthlyish status updates on my 5 for 50.
Tags: exercise fitness aging
Current Mood: determined
Current Music: Bachman Turner Overdrive, "Taking Care of Business"